What is Natasha’s Law?
Allergen labelling on prepacked for direct sale food (PPDS).
From 1st Oct 2021 ‘Natasha’s Law’ will come into effect, requiring all prepacked for direct sale food to be labelled with a full list of ingredients, with the 14 allergens required to be declared by food law emphasised on the ingredients list if present.
Change is coming.
Download our industry guide and make sure you’re prepared!
On 1st October 2021, new regulations will affect businesses selling foods prepackaged for direct sale on premises (PPDS).
Everything you need to know and to prepare for Natasha’s Law can be found in this guide, including:
What Natasha’s Law is, and why it is so important
A guide to new product labelling
A review of 14 main allergens
A definition of PPDS and explanation of what foods are included
How to construct an allergen management plan
Food safety & new labelling changes for the food sector
Watch our first Natasha’s Law webinar where we talk about food safety and the new labelling changes coming into force from 1st October.
Quest speakers were:
Audrey Deane (Technical Director) – Safer Food Scores Ltd
Marc Warde (Owner | Director) – Niche Free-from Kitchen Ltd
How does Kafoodle help?
As well as ‘does contain’ allergy warnings, food outlets should also be able to inform customers of any risks of cross-contamination. Kafoodle enables food businesses to track and communicate ‘does contain’ as well as ‘may contain’, allowing customers to make a more informed decision about what they eat depending on their specific sensitivity.
Ingredient allergens pull through to your created recipes, making sure dishes always have up-to-date allergy data.
Print compliant labels with ingredient and nutritional data with a few clicks.
Track and communicate ‘does contain’ as well as ‘may contain’, allowing customers to make a more informed decision about what they eat.
Create Natasha’s Law compliant food labels with Kafoodle
- Control the look and feel of your labels using our powerful customisable options.
- Create compliant labels for any of your Kafoodle recipes.
- See at a glance which labels are compliant with current Front-of-pack and Back-of-pack legislation and upcoming Natasha’s Law legislation.
- Once you’ve created your ideal layout, save the template for future use.
- Various label sizes and shape options.
- ON/OFF toggle for features such as nutrition, price, servings and weight.
- Print your final labels directly from the software on your own printer.
Find out how we can help you get ready for Natasha’s Law
Further information & training
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) website has a variety of resources and training available for free.